There are 13 campgrounds located inside of Glacier National Park. These are:
- Apgar Campground
- Avalanche Campground
- Fish Creek Campground
- Sprague Creek Campground
- Bowman Lake Campground
- Kintla Lake Campground
- Logging Creek Campground
- Quartz Creek Campground
- St Mary’s Campground
- Rising Sun Campground
- Many Glacier Campground
- Two Medicine Campground
- Cut Bank Campground
Do you want to find out more about these campgrounds? I found a great article here that explains the where’s & why’s!
Since the RoadTrip 2020 is such a huge undertaking we’re only able to spend one night in Glacier. We’ve decided to stay at the Apgar Village Motel just to save time putting up and tearing down camp. From Apgar we’ll be traveling north on the Inside North Fork Rd.
On our first trip to Glacier in 2010 we drove the Going To The Sun Rd from east to west, but this time we’ll be coming in from the south (Yellowstone) north into (Banff) Canada.
Here is more information about Apgar Village from Google:
Set in Glacier National Park, this rustic, seasonal hotel is on the shores of Lake McDonald.
The 28 free-standing log cabins and 20 motel rooms have knotty-pine paneling and private bathrooms with showers. Most of the cabins have full kitchens and some are creekside or lakefront. There are no TVs or phones in the rooms or cabins.
What I do know about Glacier is this:
- We froze when we were there in July so layers are a necessity. You can be wearing a coat in the morning and shorts & a t-shirt in the afternoon.
- The weather can change quickly.
- Stay on marked trails.
- Keep food put up at all times.
- Stay on alert.
Just having a little common sense (I’m talking to you here hubby!) will more than likely keep you safe. Don’t put yourself into a situation that you can’t get out of.
Latest posts by Rena McDaniel (see all)
- A Story As Old As Time Pt. 8 Use Your Words - January 17, 2020
- How To Plan A Massive Road Trip On A Budget Pt. 2 - January 14, 2020
- What Year Would You Redo? Me? 2009-2010 No Question Secret Subject Swap - January 10, 2020