Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.
At the end of this post, you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them.
My words are:
felony ~ population ~ SeaStar ~ flag ~ ocean
It was submitted by: https://followmehome.shellybean.com
As you’ve probably heard me say (over & over) we finally have a date of our big adventure! If you look right over there ⇒ on the sidebar you will see a countdown which today is at: 360 days! In 360 more days we’re leaving home for a 6-week adventure.
Like most of the population, we want to see this country up close & personal. From ocean to ocean and from north to south we’re mapping out our route from start to finish. The first thing we have to do is get our passports. My husband and I have never traveled out of the U.S. and therefore we never needed one until now. The first thing I wanted to see were the requirements of who could & could not get a passport.
In 1986, my husband was convicted of a felony. He was 16 years old and had broken into a house with his much older brother. That’s the only time in his life when he has been in trouble so we worried that he would never be able to get a passport to leave the county.
The guidelines of who can/can’t get a passport are as follows:
- you are on probation
- owe more than $1500 in child support payments
- wanted on an arrest warrant
- are currently summoned to appear in court
- are currently in jail
- have serious felony issues
These things will immediately throw up a red flag and a passport will be denied. Did you know that there are two different types of passports?
- Passport book – Allows travel to any country by land, sea & air. Are you going to London? You’ll need a passport book.
- Passport card – Looks similar to a credit card and allows travel by land & sea only. This is for trips to Canada, Mexico or the Bahamas. Are you taking the SeaStar to the Bahamas? You only have to get a passport card.
Since we’re going to Canada we’ve opted for the card because they are easier to get & much cheaper than the book.
This trip will be a circle which is the usual way we travel. We don’t want to come back the same way we went if that makes sense. Since my brother & sister-in-law are also going we’ll be starting at their house in KY. I’ve created a broad map of the places we’ll be staying and I’m hoping to meet a lot of my blogging buddies along the way!
Do you live close to these cities?
Want to meet for lunch/dinner/cocktail?
- 5/29 Independence, KY
- 5/30 Omaha, NE
- 5/31 Rapid City, SD
- 6/1 & 6/2 Yellowstone NP, WY
- 6/3 Glacier NP, Montana
- 6/4 & 6/5 Banff NP, Canada
- 6/6 Watson Lake, Canada
- 6/7 Fairbanks, AK
- 6/8 & 6/9 Denali NP, AK
- 6/10 Anchorage NP, AK
- 6/11 Homer, AK
- 6/12 Whitehorse, Canada
- 6/13 Prince George, Canada
- 6/14 Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 6/15 & 6/16 Seattle, WA
- 6/17 Mt. Rainier NP, WA
- 618 & 6/19 Umpqua Lighthouse SP, OR
- 6/20 Redwood NP, CA
- 6/21, 6/22, & 6/23 San Francisco, CA
- 6/24 & 6/25 Yosemite NP, CA
- 6/26 Salt Lake City, UT
- 6/27 & 6/28 Arches NP, UT
- 6/29 & 6/30 Rocky Mountain NP, CO
- 7/1 Denver, CO
- 7/2 Kansas City, KS
- 7/3 Evansville, IN
Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:
Baking In A Tornado https://www.bakinginatornado.com
Cognitive Script https://cognitivescript.blogspot.com
The Bergham Chronicles https://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/
On the Border https://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/
Bookworm in the Kitchen https://www.bookwormkitchen.com/
Part-time Working Hockey Mom https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch
Follow me home https://followmehome.shellybean.com
- What Else? Use Your Words - June 11, 2021
- There Are Many Types Of Survival – Secret Subject Swap - June 4, 2021
- Leaning Left In A Right Wing World-Fly On The Wall - May 21, 2021