Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 8 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
My “Secret Subject” is:
What are you addicted to?
It was submitted by: https://Bakinginatornado.com
Thank you, Karen! We all have addictions whether you admit them or not. Some are addicted to coffee, but that’s not something that I crave. Some are addicted to gambling, but I like to keep my money. Some are addicted to men. Have you ever met that girl, the one who cannot deal with life without a man in her life? I’ve been happily married for 28 years, but I’m definitely not addicted to hubby. I love my time alone.
I have addictions just not those above. I think we’re all individuals and so are our addictions. My mom had to have her coffee & unfrosted blueberry Poptarts™. The question is about MY addictions though so here goes:
- Sweet tea – I have to have it morning until night. I don’t like hot drinks so it’s always iced. I think I make THE best sweet tea because I have a secret ingredient. I add 1/4 tsp. of Baking Soda and that keeps it crisp & clear! Try it I think you’ll love it…but remember it’s a secret!
- ICE – I know weird right? I love ice and will only drink something cold w/ ice! I can eat it plain or enjoy it in my drinks.
- Marlboros – I know! I know! I am trying so hard to kick this nasty habit, but yes I’m smoking and have for 35 years! I’m taking Chantix to help and it seems to help me slow way down.
- Sugar – Apparently this addiction is worse than smoking according to my doctor who said he’d be happier if I gave up sugar before the cigarettes! Now that’s scary! I only use it in my sweet tea, which is #1 above!
- Marijuana – I don’t really feel as if this is an addiction but I do smoke every single day. It’s the one thing that I’ve found that relaxes my muscles enough for me to go to sleep without the use of opioids of any kind. I have a rare form of RA & fibromyalgia. Sleep doesn’t come easy, but smoking at night allows me to fall asleep without Ambien or pain pills. Before I started smoking I was taking Morphine every single night and pain pills throughout the day. Now, I take none!
- Traveling – This is a serious addiction. If I’m not on a trip I’m planning a trip like the big adventure with the timer on the right sidebar! I’ll be telling you more about it in the coming months!
People see addictions as weaknesses but that isn’t always the case. So what are you addicted to? Are you willing to share?
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
Baking In A Tornado https://www.BakingInATornado.com
Cognitive Script https://cognitivescript.blogspot.com
The Bergham Chronicles https://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/
Bookworm in the Kitchen https://www.bookwormkitchen.com/
Never Ever Give Up Hope https://batteredhope.blogspot.com
Part-time Working Hockey Mom https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/
Latest posts by Rena McDaniel (see all)
- Word Count or Words Count - September 17, 2019
- Unto This World – Use Your Words - September 13, 2019
- What To Do In Charleston When You Don’t Have A Ton Of Money - September 10, 2019