Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 4 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Since this is my first-time contribution I thought I would introduce myself or my home in this case. I’ve been happily married for 30 years to my best friend. It was completely love at first sight and every site after. Met on Friday moved in together the next day and the rest is history. Together we’ve raised three kids. A yours, mine, and ours. It wasn’t easy and believe me we have faced our challenges.
We decided first off that our marriage was unpenetrable and what I mean by that is this: I love my kids. I’d kill someone over my kids but my marriage comes first and then my kids. Kids grow up and go on their way but my husband is my lifelong partner. He’s a part of me and together as a solid team, we raised our kids.
Together we’ve created the backbone of our family giving them a solid foundation no matter what. Mom and dad are here. Period. You get one, you get both. We also have 6 beautiful grandchildren three girls and three boys and we love them dearly even if some are distant.
We were born in Kentucky and lived there the first 20 years of our marriage and then 10 years ago we migrated to South Carolina. This will not be the end of our journey (at least we hope not). We’re headed north to NC eventually. It’s where we want to be when we grow up. We moved here when I was diagnosed with Felty’s syndrome. It’s a rare form of RA that affects my joints and organs.
I’m managing it and I have more good days than bad and that’s all you can ask for in this life. I’m grateful for what I have because I remember where I’ve been. I stay healthy by staying home and that’s what I do. I wake up turn on my morning shows along with my laptop and that’s how I spend my days.
I’m okay with it. I am a hermit as my daughter calls me and going out causes me anxiety. I’m extremely introverted and my online friends mean the world to me. I hope that one day life can get closer to normal (I know we’ll never be totally there) my hope is to travel again. Since my 50th birthday trip to Alaska didn’t get to happen we’re hoping for a late 21 trip to Canada via Mackinaw City, MI.
So now on to the bread and butter of the post. My grandkids often come up with some doozies. The two that come everyday especially. They’re 6 now (most of you probably remember when they were born) below is a sample of this month’s shenanigans. I hope to have a longer list next month.
1. The kids are given chores at home and my little man was told to clean the table with Clorox Wipes (where she finds them she’s keeping a secret! brat). Anyway, my daughter went into the kitchen and when she came back out to the dining room my little guy was standing on the kitchen table with Clorox wipes tied to his feet and dragging his feet along the table to wipe it down!
2. My daughter called me in tears. It took me several minutes to comprehend that she was laughing and not upset. She was hiding in the pantry laughing because she had overheard the kids playing house. Little Man said, “I’m going to be the daddy, or you can call me d$ckhead!” Not sure where that one came from!
3. Because of my underlying conditions and tendency to follow the rules I have stayed away from people for the last year. When I get stir crazy we put some gas in the car and take a drive around our state and our neighboring state of NC and/or GA. Here are some great pics from around SC and NC!
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
Baking In A Tornado https://www.BakingInATornado.com
Never Ever Give Up Hope https://batteredhope.blogspot.com
Menopausal Mother http://www.menopausalmom.com/
- That Damn Fly Is Buzzing Around Again – Fly On The Wall - July 23, 2021
- “What Else? Oh That!” Use Your Words - July 16, 2021
- Halfway Through & How Are You? Secret Subject Swap - July 9, 2021