Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week 7 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.
My “Secret Subject” is: Dear early twenties me:
It was submitted by: https://www.sarahnolan.blogspot.com/
You probably don’t recognize me, but I’m 49-year-old you. I know! I know! I’ve worn our body out but it’s been a helluva life so far! Your life didn’t turn out anywhere close to the way you’ve pictured it. I want to say a few things to you that I’ve learned over the last 30 years since we last met.
- YOU ARE NOT OVERWEIGHT – I know I know that’s crazy talk, but seriously what you see in the mirror is not reality. The view you see has been skewed by a lifetime of put-downs and name-calling, by not only your four brothers but your parents as well who thought they were hilarious. You are strong, you are beautiful and you are loved. It will take years for you to realize just how much you are loved.
- You and your new hubby really do make it! You rectified a horrible situation by divorcing your first husband and everyone thinks you made a huge mistake by marrying again, but THEY ARE WRONG. He will surprise you, he will amaze you, and most importantly he will take care of you when you are unable to care for yourself.
- You will lose many people in your lifetime, people that you wouldn’t think you would survive if you lost, but YOU ARE STRONG & YOU ARE RESILIENT. You get through it by putting one foot in front of the other. You will miss them every single day, but you will survive intact. Some of those losses will cause you great pain, but you’ve learned what’s important in life and you’ve learned not to take advantage of time. It goes by quickly.
- Your life is full and you will live a life of purpose and fulfillment that at your age you can’t even begin to imagine. You will go through things that you can’t even comprehend, but you get through them. Your daughter will be fine and will grow up to give you such amazing gifts that fill every single day with joy.
- Right now, life gets crazy for you as you raise the kids as a stay at home mom. You will wonder how you will get through the days when they all look exactly the same as the one before. You will accidentally find a career that will change your life in many ways and not all of them will be good. Then you’ll trip and fall right into another one that will make you happy, give you the financial security that you crave and the stability you need to sustain you. Life is good.
- Even though at this time you’ve never been anywhere, you will travel the country and hopefully the world before it’s all over. You enjoy learning about different cultures and your mission in life will be to leave this place better than you found it in all things.
- GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK! You deserve it. You will raise your children, you will lose loved ones, you will make friends, you will realize that all of your friends don’t’ have your best interest at heart and you will build a life that you can be proud of. You’ll wonder how it all went by so quickly. Take your MEDS!
I know this is a lot to take in, but I just wanted to say, “Stop planning for tomorrow and start living each day”. Life goes by quickly and the things that you think are so important today won’t matter at all down the road. Trust in your choices and eat the damn cake!
Your older you
With Love & Understanding,
Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts. Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
Baking In A Tornado https://www.BakingInATornado.com
Spatulas on Parade https://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com
Our Prime Years https://ourprimeyears.com/blog/
Part-time Working Hockey Mom https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/
Sarah Nolan https://www.sarahnolan.blogspot.com/
Latest posts by Rena McDaniel (see all)
- 2019 ReCap For Secret Subject Swap - December 6, 2019
- Banff National Park’s Little Known Facts - December 3, 2019
- Where To Stay When You Visit Glacier National Park - November 26, 2019